Junior Night at the Comox Valley Tennis Club !
This year we are are excited to try a different tack for Juniors. The goal is to offer a version of the experience adult club members enjoy. Junior nights will focus on playing tennis in a fun social environment, with the added benefit of having coach Simon on hand to organize games and work with players to improve both skills and tactics. Junior members should already be able to play games independently. Lessons for children too young to play tennis independently and for absolute beginners will be offered through municipal recreation centres and privately through simontennis.ca
Due to all the ongoing uncertainty related to Covid we are still working out exactly if, when and how our Junior program will run. Stay tuned the website will be updated shortly !
The following Covid Safety procedures have been submitted to the Town of Comox and must be followed by all participants.
- A maximum of 4 participants per court
- Participants are to space their water bottles and personal items 3m apart along the perimeter of the tennis fence
- Practice safe hand hygiene. Hand sanitizer will be provided
- An instructor will be present to remind participants to maintain 3 m distance.
- Parents are asked not to spectate
- Participants are to register for programs on the club website and this information will be kept for a minimum of 30 days following the end of each program.
- Any participants exhibiting symptoms of Covid-19 will be sent home. Participants should not register or attend a session:
1. If anyone who has had symptoms of COVID-19 in the last 10 days. Symptoms include fever, chills, new or worsening cough, shortness of breath, sore throat, and new muscle aches or headache or other symptoms identified by Public Health.
2. Anyone directed by Public Health to self-isolate.
3. Anyone who has arrived from outside of Canada or who has had contact with a confirmed COVID-19 case must self-isolate for 14 days and monitor for symptoms.
- Anyone refusing to follow the safety plan will be asked not to return
- Sick individuals should report to the instructor and leave immediately even with mild symptoms and call 811 for further guidance
- Programme will be cancelled for 2 weeks if any participants test positive for Covid-19. The club will then seek guidance from Island Health on further steps.